“Reducing discomfort and recovery time”
Laser Dentistry is among one of the most sophisticated and versatile treatments available today. On the frontier of laser dentistry, NuSmile has some of the best dentists Tampa & Clearwater have to offer. We used laser dentistry to greatly improve the outcome of your procedure while minimizing discomfort and shortening your recovery time.
Laser Dentistry Defined
Laser Dentistry has been in use since about 1990, but it has only recently become so widely available and adapted for common dental procedures, including:
- Gum resection – in cases of severe periodontal disease, Laser Dentistry can treat infected tissue and encourage regrowth of healthy gums where deep pockets are threatening the roots of the teeth. Laser Dentistry might also be used to recontour the gums to treat a gummy smile.
- Root canals – the high-intensity light of dental lasers can control the spread of infected pulp inside the tooth and allow for the placement of a filling that will save the natural tooth.
- Tooth whitening – when used with bleaching solutions applied by NuSmile, laser light can accelerate the tooth-whitening process for same-day treatment that can brighten your smile by up to six shades.
- Dental surgeries – laser technology can boost surgical accuracy with the precise cutting of muscle, ligament, and bone tissues. From wisdom tooth removal to dental implants, there are many applications for laser dentistry in a surgical setting.
- Cavity detector - low intensity soft tissue dental lasers may be used for the early detection of cavities by providing a reading of the by-products produced by tooth decay.
- Dental fillings/tooth preparation - hard tissue dental lasers may eliminate the need for a local anesthetic injection and the traditional turbine dental drill. Lasers used in dental filling procedures are capable of killing bacteria located in a cavity, potentially leading to improved long term tooth restorations. However, dental lasers are not appropriate for the replacement of amalgam fillings, onlays or crowns.
Laser Dentistry can help in the treatment of infectionsschedule a consultation
- Tooth sensitivity: dental lasers may be used to seal tubules (located on the root of the tooth) that are responsible for hot and cold tooth sensitivity.
- Crown lengthening: dental lasers can reshape gum tissue (soft tissue laser) and bone (hard tissue laser) to expose healthier tooth structure. Referred to as crown lengthening, such reshaping provides a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
- Gummy smile: dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile.
- Soft tissue folds (Epulis): dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of soft tissue folds often caused by ill-fitting dentures.
- Viewing tooth and gum tissues: Optical Coherence Tomography is a safer way to see inside tooth and gums in real time.
- Benign tumors: dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of benign tumors from the gums, palate, sides of cheeks and lips.
- Temporomandibular Joint Treatment (TMJ): dental lasers may be used to quickly reduce pain and inflammation of the temporomandibular jaw joint.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Laser Dentistry can help in the treatment of infections and prevent infection and bleeding during surgical procedures, as there is no direct contact between the surgical instruments and the tissues. Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on. Damage to surrounding tissue is also minimized.
Laser Dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss. Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated. Surgical discomfort for patients is also significantly reduced, which can reduce the need for anesthesia and minimize stress in the recovery process. In some cases, procedures may not require sutures (stitches).
Contact NuSmile Today
At NuSmile, your comfort is our top priority
From our office and staff to our technique, every aspect of treatment will make you feel comfortable and right at home. Schedule a free consultation today with one of the best laser dentists Tampa, Florida has to offer.Contact Today